At Beach City Treatment, We Rock to Recovery
Rock to Recovery is a Non-profit Organization situated in Huntington Beach, California. The organization was founded by Former Korn guitarist Wes Geer on December 12, 2012 as a result of his own experience in rehab. His main idea is to bring together people in early stages recovery, create a band, spark creativity among the group and have fun.
Rock to Recovery is a music therapy program aimed in helping abuse victims that need treatment for alcohol abuse and substance and troubled teens recover. They will be given a chance to open themselves, be creative and connect with other people through music.
How Rock to Recovery Works
Rock to Recovery group will go into the treatment center. They usually bring in 2 guitars, keyboard, small amplifiers and PA, drum machine and other percussions. They will sit down with the clients and share experiences.
After the sharing period, “a band” will be put together with the clients. Once the band is complete (guitarist, bassist, drummer, vocals, etc), they will then work together to create, perform and record original music based on their recovery experiences.
Rock to Recovery Sessions – What to expect
- You will get the chance to listen, share experiences, connect to a group and have a healthy discussion of recovery and music.
- No musical experience and training is necessary to join the session.
- Road to Recovery scatter instruments before the session start and you may pick whichever you prefer. Changing of instrument is accepted, the group will not restrict you in any way.
- You can be part of “the band” and play along with others.
- Lyrics will be written as a group, usually based on recovery and your experiences.
- The song may be recorded and uploaded online via their Official Soundcloud channel.
- Eliminate or lessen cravings
- Increase Oxytocin Levels
- Promote Open-mindedness
- Increase creativity
- Brings out hidden talents and encourages to people to get out of their comfort zones
- Raise self-esteem
- Raise social and communication skills
- Learn to lessen and manage stress
- Encourages people to release and express feelings
Music Created by Rock to Recovery Sessions
Below are some of the most played songs that were created and inspired by Rock to Recovery Sessions. (click the link to listen to the music)
- Paul Mcartney – The Ladybugs
- Urban Caravan – Zodiac Maniac
- Nothin but love – True Anonymity
- Out of the hole – The Dumpster Divers
- Swimming – My Pug Of Choice
Rock to Recovery session inspires people to try something, move forward in life despite fear, and have spiritual experiences with the group. The program shows how recovery can be fun and creative through music and that addiction and music can go hand-in-hand.