Drug Detox Programs at Beach City Detox
Drug Detox Programs
The road to recovery begins with detox. Before anything else can be done, the individual must rid body and mind of harmful, addictive toxins. This provides the necessary foundation for the remainder of the recovery process. That’s why we’re so passionate about detox. We know that it’s the critical beginning to a deeply important process. With our drug detox program, individuals are making a big investment in their physical, mental, and spiritual health.
Our alcohol and drug treatment programs are client-specific catering to individual needs, providing qualified and compassionate care. No matter your particular struggle with addiction, we’re here to help you detox—and to start your recovery journey on the right foot.
Why is Detox Important?
Detox is important for these reasons:
- If you want to start treatment for alcohol abuse and treatment for substance abuse you have to first remove them from your body. If you don’t, they’ll continue to influence your body and mind, and make it all but impossible to seriously pursue a life of recovery.
- Detoxification provides a more controlled path through the overall withdrawal process.
- While in detox, your body will function better, you feel leaner and lighter; overall makes you feel better.
Types of Detox
All of our clients are different, and as such we tailor our approach to meet their needs. We never take a one-size-fits-all approach to detox; our substance abuse rehabilitation programs encompass a range of different practices and solutions. Some specific forms of drug detox program we offer include:
Alcohol detox. Alcohol-dependence causes both physical and psychological symptoms. Withdrawal will present worse. Alcohol detox assists in lessening the harsh effects of withdrawal and will follow the following procedures:
- Opening up with the staff about the patient’s current physical and psychological condition for awareness and basis; also to monitor if any distress is being experiences
- Observation of blood pressure, body temperature, and pupil dilation.
- Correction and monitoring of diet and nutrition.
- Dehydration is common in patients undergoing alcohol detox, thus hydration is monitored as well
For those who struggle with alcoholism, we provide the critical first step toward long-lasting sobriety.
Benzo detox. Benzos, which are commonly used to treat anxiety, can become incredibly addictive over time. Benzo withdrawal will present the following symptoms:
- Gastrointestinal issues
- Major depression
- Fear of lost social functioning
We offer complete benzo clinical detox from ourdrug treatment program. This includes, cognitive/behavioral therapy, group therapy, a 12-step component while offering an environment that will help in improving, physical, mental and spiritual health.
Heroin and opiate detox. Heroin is a derivative of opium. Long-term use will decrease the body’s natural ability to produce neurotransmitters that control pain, this is the reason why it is addicting.
Heroin withdrawal will pose these symptoms:
- Shortness of breath
- Dry mouth
- Sudden changes in mood or behavior
- A “droopy” appearance, as if extremities are heavy
- Lying and other forms of deceptive behavior
- An increase in time spent sleeping
- Loss of interest in other things
- Negligence of work, family, or school responsibilities
Detox will start with, assessment i.e. “how long have you been taking heroin?” “How frequent do you take it?” And many more. We provide the tools they need for safe, effective, relaxed and comfortable
Methadone detox. Methadone is a synthetic opiate. A medication used to detox from heroin but ends up addicting as well.
Methadone withdrawal symptoms:
- Sleeping disruptions
- Difficult, labored breathing
- Muscle pain, cramps, or spasms
- Increased tolerance—needing higher and higher doses of methadone to avoid withdrawal symptoms
Detox will start with assessment i.e. “how long have you been taking methadone?” “By that time, how frequent do you take it?” and many more. Constant monitoring and assists will be given to the patient who will undergo Methadone detox.
Suboxone detox. Suboxone is a medication that is given as opiate replacements and as a withdrawal symptom depressor. Just like methadone, its effects are promising but it became addicting as well.
Addiction to this would cause these symptoms:
- Wild mood swings
- Muscle aches
- Insomnia and sleeplessness
Withdrawal in other hand include:
- Chills and cold sweats
Suboxone detox programs will provide you with help that limits these symptoms by giving guides and procedures to follow.
No matter the particulars of addiction, we invite you to contact Beach City to learn more about our alcohol and drug detox program.
What Happens During Detox?
During detox, you will experience several symptoms:
- increased sensitivity to pain
- violent mood swings
- chills and sweats
- nausea and vomiting
These are only some, and every symptom varies from one drug to another. Withdrawal can last from days to weeks, depending on the drugs abused.
Why Apply for a Detox Program?
Addiction is a complex illness, understanding it on your own may be more difficult than you initially thought. Furthermore, detox would be a puzzle to you, physical and mental problems will be experienced along the way. During detox, withdrawal symptoms will be present and will cause problems. Since one’s body respond differently than others and drugs have specific symptoms of their own, centers will guide you while you are in the drug detox program, giving comprehensive information and assistance during your journey towards complete cessation.
What Happens After Detox?
We’ve noted that going through alcohol and drug detox program is the critical first step on the road to recovery—but what happens afterward? Detox helps you to reach physical stabilization, but a healthy psychological balance is important as well. After detox, remaining on track and drug-free is the next priority. We work with some of the top addiction care providers in the Huntington Beach area, and we consult with all of our clients to help them figure out their next step. Ultimately, we want to help each client receive a full continuum of care.
Seek Help for Your Addiction
Simply put, detox works when pursued in a facility that offers alcohol and drug detox programs like Beach City, it is safe, effective, and as speedy as possible. Whether you’re struggling with addiction or you have a family member who is, we invite you to learn more about pursuing detox and recovery. Start that potentially life-saving conversation today. Reach out to the qualified and compassionate detox specialists here at Beach City Detox California.