As you prepare for detox, one important step is to pack the items you’ll need to feel totally comfortable throughout the process. At Beach City Detox, we have admissions specialists who are always happy to walk you through this preparation, and to answer any questions you might have about what to bring—or, what to leave at home.
As you consider your packing, here are just a few basic recommendations. Consider this a detox packing checklist.
Things You Should Pack for Detox
- Of course you’ll want to pack clothing, specifically some loose-fitting clothes that you’ll feel comfortable in. Also make sure you think seasonally, and plan for the appropriate layers. A light jacket or other outerwear is recommended.
- Bring all your toiletries—including whatever basic health and hygiene items are part of your daily routine.
- We also recommend bringing some books, magazines, or other reading material, which you may want to have for periods of down time.
- Bring a journal and a pen. Journaling can be an invaluable part of the detox therapy process.
- Pack whatever vitamins or natural supplements are part of your routine. Other medications, such as allergy treatments, are typically fine, but make sure you speak with your addiction recovery and treatment specialist about this in advance.
- Generally speaking, we do allow access to smartphones, tablets, and laptops here, so don’t hesitate to pack those devices.
Get Help Planning for Detox
The transition to detox may seem daunting, but we want you to know that our mission is to help you feel totally safe, secure, and comfortable. You’re in good hands at Beach City Detox, and if you have any questions about anything, we want to hear them. Reach out to us today and let’s talk more about your packing and preparation.